100 things about me! (This is an ongoing blog entry)
For your reading excitement (or not)…
1. As is evident, I love to sew. I’ve always loved crafting things, and I thank my primary school craft teacher Mrs. Parsons for the early love of craft. She used to ride her pushie to school every Tuesday arvo, and we’d have craft class in the room behind the supper room at school. She taught me cross stitch, weaving on a loom, spinning and lots of other 70’s crafty joy. Mum and Dad also encouraged us to make things, and Dad built many wooden looms for our enthuiastic weaving of scarves in footy team colours and placemats for Mum.
2. I haven’t always loved machine sewing. Mum had an ancient Singer and as she’s said “That machine put me off sewing”…I tend to agree. My sister was the only one would could get it to co-operate, and it had a killer foot pedal on it, the slightest touch and it’d be off like a rocket. I was competent in sewing at high school and made the requistie craft bag, nightie, skirt and shirt, until the end of year 10 when I gave up textiles to do Art.
3. My love of handmade bags was fed for a year or two by Laura’s House of the Red Shoes, Laura had some of the most fetching designs, combined with great fabric combinations that just made me an ultra-addict. Alas, the House of the Red Shoes is no more.
4. An article in the Herald Sun put me onto Nicole Malilleau, and I did a Intensive Handbag Making Course back in October 2006. Since then, I’ve become addicted to:
- crafty blogs
- making stuff
5. I have depression & type 2 Bipolar, and making stuff makes me feel better.
see more loldogs are funny dog pictures!
6. I LOVE chocolate, lollies/sweets/candy, and I’ve got the dentist bills and fat bum to prove it!
7. Music is really important to me and I get excited when I find new music that I enjoy. I love homemade mix cds! And I like singing in my car.
8. I love my car – I’ve got a 1971 Rover, and it’s gorgeous. I’m a bit of a vintage/classic car lover. Rover is currently awaiting a roadworthy at the moment.
9. I hate exercise, I am a slug. The only thing I enjoy doing at the gym is Body Pump class.
10. I need lots of daylight, and sun, or I go nuts. At home I always have all the lights on.
11. I wish I could do bookbinding, linoprinting and sculpture. So far I haven’t shown any talent for them, maybe one day.
12. I also love all the Japanese Kawaii cutesy stuff. And I love the simple, tranquil Japanese decorating aesthetic.
13. I love Russ Meyer movies, so wrong, yet so right.
14. My husband calls me “Pod Lobster”. Hence, I collect lobster stuff.
15. I love living close to the sea, my dream would be to step off my verandah onto the beach.
16. I didn’t go to any of my school renunions, and really have no desire to. This doesn’t mean that I don’t like the people I went to school with, but I really just can’t be arsed.
17. However, there are a handful of people I would really like to catch up with. These include Kylie, Eve, Kath, Monica, Blake, Jana, Tania and Janine.
18. My favourite TV, past and present: MASH, South Park, The Goodies, Dexter, The Sullivans, My Name is Earl, The Young Ones, and Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
19. Celebrity crushes include: Ben Mendelsohn, Charley Boorman, Michael Palin, Clint Eastwood, Brendan Fraser, and I’ve always got time for Johnny Depp.
20. I will argue with you if you try and tell me that Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are gorgeous.
21. I was sad when Steve Irwin died.
22. I don’t enjoy cooking much. Having said that, I can competently assemble food. I am a cake baker and enjoy making afternoon tea treats.
23. More things I collect: Meakin china, any 1930s stuff, old women’s magazines, Girl Guides memorabilia, embroidered doileys, vintage Australiana…but I’m not a “collector”, I like to use everything I get.
24. My first kiss was the boy next door. I have no idea what he grew up to look like and do with his life. I sometimes wonder whate happened to him and if he grew up to be good looking. I think he’d be a bit disappointed with the way I turned out.
25. I am not a dancer. I can’t even Nutbush. I think this is due to self-consciousness rather than a lack of rhythm. However, I cannot remember combinations of dance steps to save myself.
26. The medication I’m on makes me clench my teeth together without me realising it, so often my jaw is rather sore.
27. I’m bummed out by the fact that I now need reading glasses.
28. I’m amazed that anyone is interested in reading my blog.
29. I love the free blog sites, and enjoy coming up with new blog names. To me a new blog is like a nice clean new notebook.
30. Not many of these extra blogs end up with any large degree of quality or quantity of posts.
31. I often have moments where I wonder if I’m as clever as I thought I was, and worry that people find me vacuous.
32. I am afraid of heights and being in water where I can’t touch the ground under me. However, I am not afraid of flying in aeroplanes.
33. I have to drink at least 5 cups of tea by lunchtime, otherwise I can’t function. I would like my life to be one long tea party.
34. That sentence above just gave me another idea for a blog name.
35. I like things to be fair.
36. I spend a lot of time being farted on my dogs. Not by choice though.
37. I like chickens very much. I don’t know if they fart or not.
38. YES to Craft-as-Therapy.
39. I like tall men.
40. YES to sideburns. NO to “flava savers”.
41. Please don’t ask me if I watch Big Brother or Dancing with the Stars.
to be continued…