Published Thursday, November 27, 2008
The lovely JewelGirl tagged for the ‘8 things about me’ meme, so here we go, I think I have already done this one, but I love a meme!
1. Each player starts with eight random fact
/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their
own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. A the end of your blog post, you need to choose
eight people to get tagged and list their name.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling
them they’re tagged and to read your blog.”
More things about me:
1. Even though I ate LOTS of them as a uni student, I still love 2 minute noodles, and am always happy to partake.
2. I am easily overwhelmed by life, events, and a full calendar. This is mostly due to my depression/bipolar, and I need lots of quiet time for just me.
3. I would like to be able to swing dance, dress up like a Rockabilly chick, go to a dance party and be a hep cat. Alas, I’m not a very good dancer.
4. I must always go to the toilet before I leave the house. I think this is a habit instilled in me by my parents. However, on family drives, we’d always have to stop so dad could go to the toilet.
5. I have about 5 “regular” tea cups at work, all with varying states of dirtiness. Right now I have a tray full of dishes on the corner of my desk waiting to be washed. The fairies haven’t taken them away yet. Meh.
7. I have no concept of time…an hour turns into a day, a day to a week, week to a month…and I still haven’t done what I was meant to do, say, six weeks ago.
8. I LIKE Facebook. I know people say there’s exes and old schoolmates they don’t want to find (ignore! ignore!), but there’s also old friends and family members that I didn’t talk to enough, and now I do regularly via Facebook chat. That’s gotta be a good thing.
9. Bonus one: I like Britney! ahahahahh!
Umm, who hasn’t done this? Let’s tag:
Modern Day Pioneers
Two Cheese Please
A Deed Without a Name
Sparkly Green Knickers
Life in the Dome
Air Hair Lair
Scissors + Tape
…Okay. And if you’ve already done it, just give us 8 of anything. 8 Things about your children. 8 Things about your pets. 8 fave TV shows. 8 Things you hate about school holidays. 8 Things you like about public transport. 8 of anything!
Published Saturday, November 1, 2008
"this is" , life in general , meme
I’d never been here before until I met my husband over 10 years ago …and now I’m a Frankytown resident. (HP refused to move to the city.) The place has a bad reputation, as the home of bogans and general scrotes, but like any large town, it has it’s good points and bad.
-Railway station, smells like pee and always has dodgy types asking you for cash. Further to that, the train ride seems to take agggggggggggges
-Young Street, especially near Railway Station crossing
-NQR in Beach Street is always full of deadshits (but I still shop there)
-Obnoxious people at the pubs/nightclubs on the weekends (but that could be anywhere)
-The fact that the lovely Art Deco building that was once the Post Office is now Kittens fanny-dancing club
-The fact that the stip style Nepean Hwy shopping centre has suffered as a result of the big enclosed shopping centre development a few blocks over
-The Peninsula Centre – the biggest eyesore on the landscape
-I live here!
-Proximity to beaches, bays and the goodness of the Mornington Peninsula
-Op-shop joy – I seem to be in the minority in my love for vintage goods and recyclable kitsch
-The new Waterfront development is looking fab
-The view from Oliver’s Hill
-Big Spotlight 3 minutes from my house
-High availablity of snot blocks
-Can always park near your house – none of that parking 4 blocks away like I had to when I lived in St Kilda
-Local library = excellent
-Mornington Main Street shopping 15 minutes away
-I’m here! (oops I already said that.)
When I first moved down this way, it was a bit of a culture shock and I didn’t think I’d get used to it…but it’s okay. 10 years later, don’t ask me for street directions, I still couldn’t tell you, but I like living here. But that doesn’t mean I’ll be here forever…
This is…via Three Buttons. This week’s theme courtesy of Earl and Cookie.
Photo source here. [taken in 1971 folks]
Published Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Blogtoberfest , meme , music
Becky over at the Small stuff has a rather goodly musical post
in response to last week’s Fave Friday theme, so I thought I’d play her meme too.
1. Your first musical idol.
A couple – Rolf Harris – all that singing songs, wobble boards and painting. And the Beatles – because of that Beatles cartoon that used to be on.
Also as kids we used to love the episode of the Goodies ‘Almost Live’ where they sung various songs… I can still sing you ‘Throwin’ Up’ or ‘Cactus in my Y-Fronts’ or ‘Funky Gibbon’ or ‘Nappy Love’ to this very day.
[‘Almost Live’ is on You Tube here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.]
2. Your biggest musical shame/embarrassment.
Probably the fact that as a teenager I did indeed go to Band Camp.
3. Your special musical talent?
Mine’s a bit like Becky’s here, I can make up words to songs and make them fit, or make up silly songs on the spur of the moment. HP is the mega-talent at this, his silly songs are extremely good. We like a good sing along.
4. A musical thing that you wouldn’t do in public.
Does dancing count as a musical thing? You won’t get me to dance.
5. The last band you saw live.
Was the Moffs last month, for old times’ sake. I was supposed to go and see the Reels and the Models the other week, but totally mixed the dates up and missed it (I had a ticket and all!!) Spewin’ mate, because I LOVE Dave Mason. (How cute is this clip from 1988? By the way Reels = embrace the irony and sillyness and just enjoy)
6. Favourite live music experience.
Argh so many! The Go-Betweens on my 18th birthday are a pretty good memory.
7. If you could see any band/musician live tomorrow, who would it be?
The Avett Brothers. I know they’re all hairy and not purty and all, but they kill me. Listen to this one:
I won’t tag anyone, but play along if you like.
Published Sunday, October 19, 2008
Blogtoberfest , meme
Bex over at A Deed without a Name suggested this one for a Blogtoberfest meme.
Take a picture of yourself right now.
Don’t change your clothes, don’t fix your hair – just take a picture.
Post that picture with NO editing.
Post these instructions with the picture.
So here you go, here’s Drewzel and I on the couch, I’m putting stuff on You Tube, and she’s snoozing. Play along if you like.
Published Friday, October 10, 2008
Blogtoberfest , meme
Miss Cindy of the herd (pack? pride? gaggle?) of furry coats tagged me for this one, so here we go…
6 unique things about me ~
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Mention the rules
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself
4) Tag six other bloggers by linking to them
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged
- I have a “thing” for redheads. Yes my husband is one. He also is fond of redheads – to me this seems wrong, like marrying your cousin or something. I don’t have anything at all for Ritchie Cunningham though.
- I could never EVER EVER jump hurdles at school sports. My brain would shut down and I’d get all un-co. So I’d run up to the first one, then stop and walk away.
- I can’t drive a manual car…I was too lazy to learn when I did my driving test. And I didn’t get my license until I was 26.
- I am not SCARED of the dentist anymore. But I still have to run off to the loo a couple of times while I’m in the waiting room.
- I have a crush on Charley Boorman. I think Ewan McGregor is a knob because he falls off his motorbike all the time.
- I used to think it would be really cool to be Vicky Stubing on the Love Boat.
Okay, lets tag: The Esses, Comfy and Cosy, The Crafty Librarian, I love Retro Things, Lovestitches, and Bellgirl. If you’ve done it already, you have to bounce up and down in your chair 6 times, and that’ll suffice.
Requisite cat photo for Cindy…here’s Lola and Sebby slugging on the couch. The lumpy thing they’re on top of is me.
Published Friday, September 12, 2008